The City of Kigali Vision
“KIGALI YACU/ OUR KIGALI , The Centre of Urban Excellence in Africa” which will be achieved through Social Inclusion, Sustainable Development, and Economic Growth.
Our identity is “Better Service Delivery”
Mission of the City of Kigali
The City of Kigali has the following mission:
• To supervise the implementation of national policies in the Districts of the City of Kigali;
• To prepare the master plan of the City of Kigali and specific master plans, to ensure their execution through large-scale projects implemented at the level of the City of Kigali, and follow up on the execution of specific master plans of the Districts;
• To prepare the development plan of the City of Kigali;
• To provide guideline and coordinate the planning activities of the Districts of the City of Kigali;
• To monitor activities and the functioning of the Districts of the City of Kigali and the government institutions operating at its level and provide services that are not delivered by other administrative entities in the City of Kigali;
• To ensure the safety of the people and property in the City of Kigali;
• To promote infrastructure in the City of Kigali and provide guidelines on their implementation;
• To provide guideline on the infrastructure inspections that are carried out by other administrative entities of the City of Kigali and carry out inspections of large-scale projects that are put in place at its level;
• To develop and implement the plan for transportation of the people and goods in the City of Kigali;
• To mobilize resources and put in place strategies for collection of taxes and charges in accordance with relevant laws;
• To support the Districts of the City of Kigali in terms of economic development;
• To promote and follow up investment activities in the City of Kigali.
Goals of the City of Kigali
The goal of the City of Kigali is to be:
• City of diverse, vibrant, and inclusive economy
• A City of sustainable infrastructure and resource management
• A City of affordable homes and neighbourhoods
• A City of enchanting nature and diversity
• A City of happy and healthy residents
• A City of endearing character and local identity
The Management organs of the City of Kigali are:
1. The Council ,
2. The Executive Committee,
3. The City Management Office;
4. The Security Committee.
The City of Kigali is open and supports working with all spheres of our population. We value the contribution and role of the private sector in development. We fully cooperate with the civil society and consider its role as paramount in transforming our society.